A woman was hospitalised after her dog accidentally spilled its own faeces on her face while she was sleeping.
Amanda Gommo, 51, was having an afternoon nap with her dog Belle when the animal started to show signs of diarrhoea. She was immediately taken to the hospital after the incident, which also involved her mouth getting infected.
She rushed to the bathroom after suddenly feeling sick, but she was later sent to the hospital due to a gastrointestinal illness.
Amanda said that she felt something spill in her mouth while she was having her afternoon nap with her dog Belle. She then took a quick snap of the mess before washing it out.
She said that she was violently ill for several hours after the incident, and her daughter took her to the veterinarian, where she was diagnosed with a stomach bug.
Amanda started displaying the same symptoms that she had earlier, so she called emergency. She was then told to drink plenty of water and take painkillers to treat her condition.
Her symptoms worsened after her daughter visited the veterinarian, and within 48 hours, her cramps had spread to her entire body.
Her mother then called the emergency services to inform them that her daughter was sick. Amanda was then sent to Bristol Royal Infirmary.
The doctors at the hospital noted that Amanda’s gastrointestinal illness was caused by a gastrointestinal infection that was passed through her dog’s feces.
Three days after she was sent to the hospital, Amanda was still under observation as she was rehydrated with glucose and electrolytes, which she had lost due to the incident.