A six-week-old boy died in a house fire in Sydney’s southwest last week. His family said the tragedy has shattered their hearts.
Isaac suffered burns over 90 percent of his body when the fire started in the family’s Campbelltown home.
Isaac was rushed to hospital, but he could not be saved. His aunt, Katie, said the entire family was struggling to come to terms with the loss of their baby boy.
She said the incident was a complete freak accident, and it has shattered their hearts.
Katie said Isaac was a sweet and loving child who was known to spend his time with his family and friends. He was also known to love playing with his toys.
He was the first child of his parents, who were both incredibly selfless and loving.
Katie said the entire family is struggling to come to terms with the loss of their baby boy. They are also in need of love and support.
Katie said the family had expected their son to grow up with a beautiful future. Unfortunately, the tragic incident has left them with a huge void in their lives.
Katie shared a beautiful message for those with children in their lives, urging them to hold them close and let them know how much they are loved.
She also said that they just don’t know how much time they have to spend with their loved ones. To help the family with the funeral costs, a GoFundMe campaign has been launched.
At the time of the incident, police officers were informed that a small fire had broken out in the kitchen. They told 7 News that they believe the fire started accidentally.
However, they are still trying to determine the exact cause of the incident.