A family is reportedly in shock after a 5-year-old boy died after he choked on a pin board. According to reports, Kyle Lewis had died four times due to the incident.
He was taken to the hospital after he swallowed the sharp object, but doctors were able to revive his heart multiple times.
After he was placed on life support, a scan revealed that about 90% of his brain was damaged.
According to The Star, Kyle died in the arms of his parents, Mark and Emma Lewis, six days after his birthday.
Emma, who was reportedly struggling to explain how she felt, said that she did not want her son’s death to feel real.
The couple had kept their son on life support until they were ready to say goodbye.
Kyle had reportedly decided that it was his time to say goodbye.
He took his last breath while his parents were holding him.
Following the tragic incident, a gofundme page was created to help the family.
It stated that the Lewis family lost Kyle.
The gofundme page stated that after three days of fighting, Kyle had grown his dinosaur wings.
To help ease the burden on the family, the page was created to raise money for the funeral.
One of the contributors said that no parent should have to go through the pain and struggle to bury their child.