The 66-year-old Australian musician Jimmy Barnes revealed on Tuesday that he was forced to cancel his upcoming tour due to his hip and back issues.
He said in a statement that he had been experiencing severe pain and was forced to take time off from his music career.
Barnes said he would have put off the tour, and he was forced to get an operation soon. He added that he would be restricting his movements for the next couple of months due to his condition.
View this post on Instagram
The Hoodoo Gurus will replace him in three of his scheduled shows next year.
He added that he was forced to get the operation because it would allow him to continue performing for another 50 years.
Before going under the knife, Barnes will perform at the Valo Adelaide 500 this weekend.
His urgent surgery announcement came just two weeks after he was forced to cancel his show in Sydney due to the rising number of COVID cases in the east coast.
His website states that his show in Coffs Harbour has been postponed to October 21, while his shows in Tasmania, Sandstone Point, and in Melbourne have been canceled.
His appearance at the Summernats 35 event in Canberra on January 6 will also be affected. His long-time friends, Jon Stevens, Daryl Braithwaite, and Diesel, will replace him.
The dates of his Stranded In The Whitsundays show have been rescheduled to August 23 to 28. His show at the Byron Bay Bluesfest was also postponed.
His new project, The Barnestormers, was not able to take place in 2023.