An Aussie teenager who died after attending a music festival in Canberra died from meningococcal disease. She saved five lives, including a child, through her organ donation.
Twenty-eight-year-old student and former high school athlete, Behan had just finished her HSC and was about to start her university application and formal education.
She fell ill after attending the Spilt Milk music festival on the weekend. She contracted meningococcal disease, which is a highly contagious bacterial illness, and died a few days later.
Her family has described her as a bright spark who was passionate about animals.
In a statement, the family of the late teenager, who was named as Ally, said that there is no words to describe the devastating loss they are feeling.
She was a young, vibrant, and talented individual who loved spending time with her friends and family.
She was close to her parents, her older brother, and her grandparents.
The family, who live on the NSW South Coast, said that she was always there for her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
She was looking forward to her next adventure, which would involve moving out and living with her friends.
Besides her love for her family and friends, she was also remembered for her kind nature.
According to her family, she was always there for those who needed help and support.
She was passionate about animals and was dedicated to helping others through her organ donation.
In her final hours, she decided to give back to the community by donating her organs, which have since saved the lives of five individuals.
The ACT Health issued an alert for people who attended the festival, after it was discovered that one of the attendees had been diagnosed with meningococcal disease.