A five-year-old girl choked to death after eating a deli frankfurt in NSW. Her mother, Samantha Pauline-Lennon, said her daughter was “chatting away” as she was driving home from a swimming lesson on January 16.
Sam tried to call an ambulance, but it was too far away to attend to her, and she later died.
A friend of the family said that despite Sam’s efforts, Imogen died later at the hospital.
She was a beautiful girl who loved helping others. Her mother said that she always wanted to help others.
Imogen was described by her mother as a beautiful girl who was always happy and caring.
She was also excited about starting school. According to her friend Harrison, she wanted to be a veterinarian so she could help animals.
A fundraising page set up for the family stated that there were no words that could adequately describe how they were feeling.
It is impossible to imagine life without Imogen, and anyone who knew the couple would know that they are passionate about helping others.
They would also often give their shirts off their backs in an effort to help others.
This was according to Nikki Jurcutz, an Australian anesthesiologist and the CEO of Tiny Hearts Education.
She noted that hot dogs cause more choking fatalities than any other food.
In the video, which is captioned “If you could design a plug that would fit seamlessly into a child’s airway, you would have a hard time beating a hot dog,” the presenter advises people to reduce the risk of choking by changing their preparation methods.
According to the New Zealand Ministry of Health, hot dogs and sausages are known to pose a greater risk of choking to children under five due to their compressible nature.
The soft and delicious food can get stuck in the throat of a child due to its compressible nature.
According to experts, one way to prevent this issue is to remove the skin from the hot dogs.
Jurcutz also recommends cutting them into slices rather than disks to allow for more space in the child’s airway.