In an exclusive interview, a couple of tourists revealed their desperate efforts to save a young Sydney boy who died while they were on holiday in Fiji.
The boy, who was eight years old, was found unconscious in a garden on the resort’s grounds.
According to Mr. Meier, the child was likely killed after he was accidentally electrocuted while he was playing with the frogs near a bolt that was attached to the ground.
He and his uncle tried to revive the boy, but he was still unresponsive.
The other holiday-makers then found the boy’s mother, Amber de Thierry. Mr. Meier said she was in a deep distress.
He said she started crying and calling her son, Cairo. She was then able to get a hug from one of her relatives.
According to Mr. Rodas, the child was badly burned and had a black mark on his leg.
He said the bystanders tried to revive him but were unsuccessful.
A post-mortem carried out on the boy revealed that he died due to electrocution.
The resort had also released a statement calling the incident a tragic accident.