The death of Max, who was 15 years old, has left his parents, Ben and Tamara, with no other option but to face the reality of life without him.
According to Ben, Ben loved life and was always ready to do anything for the program that was on at that time.
Max died after suffering an allergic reaction to nuts.
He was initially diagnosed as a baby, and even though he had anaphylactic shock when he was a teenager, he never went to hospital.
Despite this, Ben noted that they still don’t know who is at risk of dying due to this condition.
Although his reaction was mild, it didn’t help predict the severity of his next reaction.
One day, after accidentally eating an apple crumble, Max developed an allergic reaction to walnuts.
He used his EpiPen to reduce the severity of his condition, but he also developed sudden asthma.
According to reports, Max died 13 days after he was admitted to the hospital.
His father said that he was in the intensive care unit when he died.
The family wants the public to be aware of the support that people can provide for those who are suffering from anaphylaxis.
Although EpiPens are important, they’re not enough to treat anaphylactic syndrome.
Having multiple EpiPens is also important to ensure that someone has the necessary equipment to treat their condition.
According to the Australian National Allergy Council, about 20 people die in the country due to anaphylaxis yearly.
In memory of Max, his classmates from various schools in Melbourne are holding a fundraiser to raise funds for the NAC and NACE.
According to his mother, the family wants to make sure that something good comes from the event.